Does your school have a cybersecurity framework in place?
Adopting a framework helps tackle cybersecurity in a structured and logical manner. The Essential Eight is a great example of a framework that is easy to understand and apply, and effective in helping minimise risk and ensure a safe digital environment.
School Cybersecurity Considerations
- Do we have effective Cyber Policies and a Security Program that aligns with our business and IT Strategy?
- Have we identified our crown jewels: critical assets, infrastructure, and processes to support our business?
- How are we protecting our critical assets and information?
- Are we aware of the compliance and regulatory requirements related to our sector?
- What are the biggest threats to our business?
- Do we know how quickly our organisation can recover from a cyber breach or ransomware attack?
- Have we tested it?
- Do we have a Cyber Assurance program? If so, what is it covering?